Origin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin

Genjuros Guild

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Off Tank or healer?

Go down 
+3
Stromwuud
Panzertorb
snufsipus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
snufsipus
Class leader
Class leader
snufsipus

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Off Tank or healer? Empty
PostSubject: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 2:29 am

Oki, here's the thing:

I've been asked to build a healing-gear so that i can be able to spec for whatever the raid needs one particular evening. Now it's done, and i've been healing a couple of instances and stuff, and i like it Smile But ('cause there is a big "but")... Well, some of you have been angry at me for doing so, because i've gotten tank-epics with u in kara. And i understand your thoughts, but if this is what's needed to make us able to raid regularly again, why is it such a bad thing? And i remind u; this isn't something i did because i didn't wanna be OT any more, i love tanking, but i did it because i was asked to do it. I've spent more money and time that i like to think of on getting my second gear, and i did it all for u guys... So plz don't give me a hard time for doing this...

The other thing is;
Well, if u want me to alternate between the two roles, i need gear for both... I need to be allowed to select NEED for a healing-item, even though i'm tank that day... If not, i might never get any drops, my gear will stay sucky forever, and there will be a time where u can't use me anymore, because my gear isnt good enough... And i'm not telling u to give me every single epic that ever drops... But lets face it, druids, palas and shammys are the three most gear-dependent classes in the game. And we are the most versatile. We need multiple gears if we have to function in multiple roles! It's not our fault that u guys chose to play mage, lock, rogue etc...
And if i'm gonna respec a lot (we dont know yet if i will have to do that, we havent tried this thing yet) i wont have money to buy drops that doesnt suit my spec that day it drops... It's hard enough trying to grind in full tank-gear, try to kill something as a resto druid... :S
Well, i guess what i'm saying is: Either u give me a chance to build multiple gears, or u need to decide what role u want me to be on a permanent basis.

Oh, and just to make sure u all understand this, i'm not saying this to complain or mope, and i'm not angry. i'm saying this to make sure we have discussed this before i enter kara again, to avoid a huge argument and lots of angry ppl... Anyways, i'm doing this for the guild, and i'll do whatever the guild decides. If u dont wanna change any rules, but still want me to be both tank and healer, so be it. I will be frustrated, i will have a hell of a time having enough money for repairs and reagents, and i will get less time to help the non-elites because i will have to spend all my time getting what little money i can. But still, i love kara, and i'll do anything for u guys.

So, there it is. Feel free to slaughter me Wink
Back to top Go down
Panzertorb
Veteran
Panzertorb

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 4:36 am

If everyone needs on gear for all the different speccs, kara would not be sufficient to provide the whole guild with epics:P Too bad we dont have enough healers and tanks, but that the druids in the guild shall have to specc to healer then tanks and so on is not the answer(my opinion).

We should instead help the ones in celtic dragons normal with levelling, there we could get alot of great players in the raid guild. Also, we could try to be more active with recruitment outside the two guilds, find a good strategy to get people interested in joining our guild. I love the "laid-back" attitude of the guild, but we need to be more consistant with the raid times etc. I know Doones working with this now, great!Smile I encourage everyone to try recruiting people where possible, so we may one day farm kara easy mode:)

Sincerely yours,
Panzertorb
Back to top Go down
Stromwuud

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 5:58 am

I dont see a problem with Snufs being considered for tanking epics when shes healing, but only after those players who are actually tanking/off-tanking. Surely its better that the epic goes to assisting an alt spec rather than being disenchanted if no one wants it?
Back to top Go down
snufsipus
Class leader
Class leader
snufsipus

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:19 am

Well panzertorb, the discussion isnt whether i should alternate or not, i'm doing what i was asked to do, and i'm not asking permission to take very epic i might need some day. And panzer, are u sure ur not only saying that because u wanna stay feral forewer? U know, i'm only doing what i can to help the guild...
Back to top Go down
snufsipus
Class leader
Class leader
snufsipus

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:28 am

Ok... forget that last remark, i'm just in a rly bad mood today, nothing personal... In fact, forget that i ever asked, i'll do whatever the guild decides, and keep my mouth shut...

Looking foreward to raiding with u lot again though Smile
Back to top Go down
mctoot

mctoot

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 7:03 am

yes be quiet snufs, Very Happy oj, no i think that if you have been asked to change spec then you should be able to have epics for your other spec, but only after the other healer or tank, but i think we should still keep the rule about paying for the epic, ive been building my tanking gear up over the last couple of months and had to pay out about 200G. so i think we should think about making a discount price for the void drop for the people who have decided to respec for the greater good of the guild.

toots
Back to top Go down
Panzertorb
Veteran
Panzertorb

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 pm

All gratitude i can produce is pointed towards snufs, don't misunderstand me, but whoever asked snufs to do this, does he/she realize how much work it is to grind gold for the respeccs? Cus its alot, and snufs definately should have a pat on the back for being willing to! But still, i think we should concentrate about recruitment, because as far as i can see, the members number is dropping slowly but steadily.. Snufs should btw definately have the epics not needed by our main healers and items that otherwise would be dced, but i dunno if we should prioritize giving epics for respeccs. Well, that my opinion, and as far as i can see, me and toot mean the same thing, so no probblems;) BTW, goodie u withdrawed the comment after mine snufsi, cus what does ur specc have anything to do with mine?Razz
btw: what is done to recruit members?
Back to top Go down
Doone
Officer
Officer
Doone

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 pm

Well i cant see anyone who has been expressing anger at this snufs. At least not any body who counts, ie people who have actually been raiding.

Its nice knowing we have a choice between healer and tanks and both you and Rovanion have done us all a great favour by offering to respec. Its not probbaly something we want you to too often tho as you will get your self in serious dept with gold bills lol.

I think importantly its should be YOUR choice as to whitch spec you want to use. We are really short on healers atm so its great if either if you want to heal Smile I dont think it would be fair to ask you to keep swapping between specs so choose whatever your happy with and all will work out one way or another, same goes for Rovs.

Were not doing too bad on tanks. We have Panzertorb, Angi and i think Gael was maybe interested plus we have Fredric and Korin when he is available again.

Healing is a bit problematic at the moment, im not sure Hurl has the time to raid a lot at the moment and mctoot is always willing to come but is normally working weekend nights. Eaglepriest i think would rather bring his alt too. So its all looking a bit sketchy on that front.

As for recruiting, dosent seem much point in recruiting DPS as we seem to have enough and they also seem to be the ones leaving guild becuase they are not getting to go on kara runs. Mctoot usually just asks people he has partied with and thinks are good players, and we do very infrequent spamming on trade channel for healers and tanks but its just so damn hard to get them. I even normally resort to just searching for online unguilded members and whispering them.
Back to top Go down
mctoot

mctoot

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 6:13 am

i recruit alot of people, but the problem is, they expect to join, and raid all within an hour of joining, then get bored and leave, i normally only recruit people i know are good players, like doone said, from partys or general chatting. and yes it is very hard to recruit latly, ive even made a few posts in the WoW Europe site.

but i think in time it will all work out, were just going through a ruff patch witch needs smoothing over, no biggy Very Happy

toots
Back to top Go down
Eaglemage
Class leader
Class leader
Eaglemage

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:06 pm

As sayd you shuld play the specc you like, But then again if we are low on the spec your not, then it cold be possible to ask you to re spec. Whit this i mean this is a thing that almost shuldnt happen. And getting epix for a nother spec and not paying for it wont be right for the rest of the members. Dont think its anny easyer for a prot warr to farm gold to reapair, and thats why korr has been buying some dps gear. But of that subject, I have been at my parents house alot latly me and my father has bought a new boat so this is kinda the reason. And whit 3k ms i woldnt be able to help out in kara ofc i can come but when the skreen can freez for up to 10 sek whit out i can do anny thing, that will prob only make it kinda impossible for the raid to gett anny where. But i will be back shortly.
Back to top Go down
Stromwuud

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:56 am

On the issue of recruitment, shouldn't we also be looking at boosting level 70 players in celtic dragons through the kara pre-quests? Are there any that need this? I know from experience it can be hard to find a group to bm or arca.
Back to top Go down
snufsipus
Class leader
Class leader
snufsipus

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:07 am

Stromwuud wrote:
On the issue of recruitment, shouldn't we also be looking at boosting level 70 players in celtic dragons through the kara pre-quests? Are there any that need this? I know from experience it can be hard to find a group to bm or arca.
Me, Ketil and Urias has been boosting a couple of ppl in CD through the preQ, khon amongst them Smile And i know more ppl are willing to do the same, only ask and we'll be there Razz
Back to top Go down
Stromwuud

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:48 am

Ok snufs. Good to hear you have that covered. If you need a dps let me know.
Back to top Go down
Doone
Officer
Officer
Doone

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:20 am

Yes i very much like the idea of boosting existing members, especially as i have no excuse to goto a lot of dungeons nowadays. Tis a big shame we cant talk directly between the two guilds :/
Back to top Go down
Panzertorb
Veteran
Panzertorb

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:09 am

I would like to assist in boosting members in cd, just whisper me if ure going
Back to top Go down
Sefira
Sefira

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:07 am

I might not be a part of CDE but you´r still in my heart and so is CD (: Just let me know if ya need me <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Tank or healer?   Off Tank or healer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off Tank or healer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Origin :: Raid signup-
Jump to: